Cottage cheese makes pancakes soufflé-like (photo © Friendship Dairies).
Whether or not you’re a cottage cheese lover, give these cottage cheese pancakes a chance. They’re a favorite brunch food at THE NIBBLE.
It may seem counter-intuitive, but when cottage cheese is used in pancake batter, it lends a soufflé-like fluffiness that is truly special (so does ricotta). And you can sneak in the calcium-rich cottage cheese with no one the wiser.
We enjoy cottage cheese pancakes for both breakfast and lunch. We’ll look for any excuse to make a batch.
Friendship is largely an East Coast brand. If it isn’t sold near you, substitute your favorite cottage cheese.
COTTAGE CHEESE PANCAKES RECIPE
If you’re watching your diet, use egg whites, nonfat cottage cheese and sugar substitute.
1. COMBINE all ingredients in blender on low speed until blended.
2. MIX in optional fruit or chocolate.
3. LIGHTLY COAT hot griddle with cooking oil.
4. POUR the batter to desired size. Cook until golden; flip once. The pancakes take a bit longer to cook than conventional recipes because of the added heft of the cottage cheese.
5. SERVE immediately with syrup, jam, sour cream or crème fraîche. (Actually, we like them just as they are—no condiments necessary!)
Friendship makes nine different varieties of cottage cheese—something for everyone. If you don’t like one variety, try another:
You can also download a coupon to use on any Friendship product.
Comments are closed.