THE NIBBLE BLOG: Products, Recipes & Trends In Specialty Foods
Also visit our main website, TheNibble.com.
Lazy Lasagna from Cucina Fresca, made
with spinach ravioli. Photo courtesy
||Last week we wrote about the pisagne, a pizza topped with lasagne ingredients.
Colleen C. of Seattle wrote to remind us of “easy lasagne” made by layering ravioli instead of making lasagne from scratch.
1. PREHEAT oven to 400°F.
2. USE 3 boxes of frozen ravioli. While cheese ravioli is the easiest choice, think of the deeper flavors provided by spinach or meat ravioli.
3. PICK your favorite pasta sauce— a 26-ounce jar or homemade.
4. COOK the ravioli until almost done but still “al dente” (they’ll be going into the oven). Drain flat on paper towels. Don’t overlap—they’ll stick together.
5. POUR 1/3 of the pasta sauce into a 9×13 baking dish and begin to layer the ravioli, alternating ravioli layers with sauce and a spinkle of oregano, shredded basil and/or chopped parsley.
6. TOP with a layer of shredded or sliced mozzarella and some grated Parmesan cheese.
7. BAKE for 10 minutes until mozzarella is bubbly. Remove from the oven and let sit for 15 minutes.
8. GARNISH with additional basil/oregano/parsley and serve.
|You can also purchase Lazy Lasagna (the Americanized form of the Italian “lasagne”) from Cucina Fresca, one of our favorite artisan pasta companies. It arrives frozen and ready to bake. A college student, new mom or other too-busy-to-cook person would certainly appreciate a gift order of this all-natural comfort food.
Find more of our favorite pasta recipes.
Comments are closed.
© Copyright 2005-2021 Lifestyle Direct, Inc. All rights reserved. All images are copyrighted to their respective owners.