|Today is Herbs & Spices Day, the day to expand your repertoire beyond the familiar garlic, oregano and paprika.
• Check out the fresh herbs in the produce section of your market, and make dinner tonight with something new. You can season dishes or snip herbs into your salad.
• Browse the spice racks and bring home something different, yet familiar—fennel, lavender or star anise, for example.
• Learn the wonders of fennel pollen, a NIBBLE Top Pick Of The Week.
• Take a look at the top antioxidant spices, which have real health benefits.
• Look for McCormick’s new slow-roasted spices: Roasted Saigon Cinnamon, Roasted Ground Coriander, Roasted Ground Cumin and Roasted Ground Ginger.
Seasoned fennel pollen from Pollen Ranch.
|And make sure your spices are fresh. If you didn’t go through your spice rack at the beginning of the year, today’s the day. Here’s how to tell if your spices are fresh.
Enjoy adding spice to your life—today and every day.
Comments are closed.