THE NIBBLE BLOG: Products, Recipes & Trends In Specialty FoodsAlso visit our main website, TheNibble.com.
|Still shopping for the right gift?
Almost anyone would welcome a box of artisan chocolates. They’d be thrilled to get something fabulous from a chocolatier they’ve never heard of, whom you’ve hunted down.
So hunt down something on our list of favorite chocolatiers of the year:
- Antoine Amrani Chocolates, a NIBBLE Top Pick Of The Week from suburban Philadelphia, makes chocolates that look as festive as Christmas ornaments.
- Bespoke Chocolates, another Top Pick, is a tiny New York City chocolatier with connoisseur pieces. The special Christmas piece is a Snowball Truffle: a sparkling, creamy white chocolate truffle flecked with bits of peppermint inside and out.
- Charles Chocolates, located outside San Francisco, packs a selection of chocolate bonbons into an edible chocolate box. You can’t beat that!
- Chocoat Céleste, from St. Paul, Minnesota, has a beautiful box of pink-themed designer chocolates.
Yes, Virginia, there is chocolate sushi. Photo by Evan Dempsey | THE NIBBLE.
- Chocolat Moderne, another Top Pick from New York City, has holiday-designed and flavored chocolates in almond marzipan, Chinese five-spice caramel, dark fig and port ganache and white saffron ganache.
- Theo Chocolate, from Seattle, has a holiday-flavored collection that’s organic and Fair Trade Certified.
- Dean’s Sweets, from Portland, Maine, has bonbons filled with stout-flavored ganache for beer lovers, and a spicy ganache set that we adored.
- Romanico’s, from Miami, makes chocolate sushi (with puffed rice and dried fruit) that looks like the real thing.
- Spice Rack Chocolates, from Fredericksburg, Virginia, are solid chocolates beautifully flavored (lemon and basil, smoked sea salt, key lime and curry, rosemary and mint, cayenne), without the calories and cholesterol of ganache-filled bonbons.
Check out our list of gourmet chocolate gifts.
Comments are closed.
© Copyright 2005-2020 Lifestyle Direct, Inc. All rights reserved. All images are copyrighted to their respective owners.