If you like chai and hot chocolate, try this “fusion” recipe from San Francisco chocolatier Michael Recchiuti:
1. Grate 2 ounces of a quality chocolate bar in the 40% to 50% cacao range.
2. Brew 3 ounces of chai tea for 5 minutes in a cup of boiling water. Strain into a quart vessel, pressing a spoon against the leaves to extract the most tea.
3. Simmer a cup of whole milk over medium heat and add to the tea, then add the chocolate.
4. Mix with an immersion blender until the chocolate has melted.
5. Pour into cups; warm briefly in the microwave if you want it piping hot.
Spice up your hot chocolate. Photo
Find more hot chocolate recipes and great information in our Hot Chocolate Section. (What’s the difference between cocoa and hot chocolate…between dutched and undutched?)