THE NIBBLE BLOG: Products, Recipes & Trends In Specialty FoodsAlso visit our main website, TheNibble.com.
|Yesterday was National Guacamole Day, but it’s a dish that we enjoy almost every week of the year. To make the best, use avocados from Mexico. We hate to say it, because we prefer to support American businesses, but the Mexican Hass avocados are simply better—creamier and more flavorful, the best avocados we’ve ever had. As a result, they make the best, creamiest guacamole. Why?
- Hass avocados from Mexico are grown in the mountains in the state of Michoacan, in volcanic soil, in semitropical temperatures with the perfect combination of sunshine and abundant rainfall. It makes a big difference.
- They are left on the tree until they reach the perfect maturity, which allows for that depth of flavor and creamy texture when ripe.
Avocados are good for you. Yes, they have calories (from heart-healthy unsaturated fats); but they’re also packed full of antioxidants, fiber, folic acid and other B items, potassium and Vitamin E.
A Hass avocado from Mexico. Photo courtesy AvocadosFromMexico.com.
- Avocados originated in Mexico. Find out more, plus lots of avocado recipes, at AvocadosFromMexico.com.
- If the avocado originated in Mexico, why is it called the Hass? Because a California avocado grower propagated seedlings and sold one to a postman named Rudolph Hass, who patented the name. Read more about the history of the Hass avocado.
- Do you know about avocado oil? It has the highest smoke point of any culinary oil, and a good brand is absolutely delicious. Check out Olivado avocado oil, a NIBBLE Top Pick Of The Week.
Comments are closed.
© Copyright 2005-2019 Lifestyle Direct, Inc. All rights reserved. All images are copyrighted to their respective owners.