THE NIBBLE BLOG: Products, Recipes & Trends In Specialty FoodsAlso visit our main website, TheNibble.com.
|No more dry turkey sandwiches for you! Turn those leftovers into a delicious casserole, courtesy of College Inn Broth (which is also our favorite diet drink, as we try to eat lightly in between holiday parties—it comes in a resealable carton and we microwave a nutritious cup instead of getting the coffee jitters). This recipe also works with shredded chicken.Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 30 minIngredients
If you don’t have enough leftover stuffing, make more by combining the first four ingredients.
-1 pkg. (14 oz.) seasoned dry stuffing mix
-1 teaspoon ground sage or chopped fresh sage
-1 cup chopped celery
-1/2 cup College Inn Chicken Broth (also available in College Inn Light and Fat Free Chicken Broth)
-1 (10.75 oz.) can condensed cream of celery soup
-1 (10.75 oz.) can condensed cream of turkey soup (or cream of chicken soup)
-3 cups shredded cooked turkey
-1/4 cup melted butter
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. Combine the first 4 ingredients and set aside.
3. Separate the 2 soups in separate bowls and add 1/2 soup can of water to each; stir these well and set aside.
4. Place 1/3 of the crumb mixture into a lightly greased 9×13-inch baking dish.
5. Layer 1/2 of the turkey and pour the celery soup over it.
6. Layer another 1/3 of the crumb mixture, followed by the remaining turkey.
7. Pour the cream of turkey soup over and top with the remaining crumb mixture. Drizzle with butter and pack the mixture firmly into the dish.
8. Bake 20 to 30 minutes.
Makes: 5-6 servings
Additional recipes are available online. But if you feel more in the mood for low-calorie food, check out the Diet Nibbles section of THE NIBBLE online magazine.
Comments are closed.
© Copyright 2005-2021 Lifestyle Direct, Inc. All rights reserved. All images are copyrighted to their respective owners.