|Add some spark to your cranberry sauce with a bit of Port.
You can use your favorite cranberry sauce recipe, or this classic cranberry-orange relish that can be made several days in advance. Another tip: Cranberry sauce can be frozen and defrosted to enjoy with any meat or poultry dish.
CRANBERRY SAUCE WITH PORT RECIPE
Cranberry-orange relish, finely pulsed.
1. Wash cranberries under cold running water. Soak overnight in Ruby Port with cinnamon stick.
2. To begin making the sauce, drain the cranberries—but don’t toss the Port. It can be used in another recipe or sauce (or you can drink it!).
3. Slice orange into eighths; remove any seeds.
4. Place half of the cranberries and half of the oranges in a food processor. Pulse until evenly chopped.
5. Transfer to a bowl and repeat with the other half of the cranberries and oranges.
6. Add sugar to taste. We typically reduce the sugar, so add one cup to begin with; chill and adjust sugar if necessary. Cranberry sauce should be tart-and-sweet, not overly sweet.
Related Food Videos: For more food videos, check out The Nibble's Food Video Collection.