THE NIBBLE BLOG
Products, Recipes & Trends In Specialty Foods
Also visit our main website, TheNibble.com.
Related Food Videos:
Make “dessert pasta” for your favorite pasta lovers. We have a delicious selection of dessert pasta recipes.
After looking at our selection of dessert pasta, reader Katelyn Cronin submitted her own, easy-to-make idea:
VANILLA SHELLS, AN EASY DESSERT PASTA RECIPE
Katelyn makes this recipe with small shells, but you can try one jumbo shell per person, stuffed with ice cream.
• 1/2 box shell pasta (conchiglie)—use tricolored shells if possible
• 2 tablespoons sugar
• 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
• Optional: 1/2 teaspoon rum or brandy extract
• Vanilla ice cream
• Chocolate sauce
More uses for pasta: in a pasta dessert!
Photo by Nicolas Raymond | SXC.
1. Cook shells with sugar, vanilla extract and optional rum or brandy extract.
2. Drain; cool as desired. If the shells are warm, the ice cream will melt into them more readily.
3. Serve in a festive dish, a sundae dish or a wine goblet with vanilla ice cream and chocolate sauce.
For more food videos, check out The Nibble's Food Video Collection
© Copyright 2005-2016 Lifestyle Direct, Inc. All rights reserved. All images are copyrighted to their respective owners.