Instead of a whole caramel or chocolate apple, have a slice (photo © Colavita).
 Fuji apples (photo © Good Eggs).
 Dip the apple slices in melted chocolate (photo © Bella Baker).
 Melted caramels provide the “garnish,” along with pecans (photo © Candy Warehouse).
These Chocolate Caramel Apple Pops are a great alternative to chocolate or caramel apples. They give you all the flavor with just a slice of the calories.
This recipe, from Colavita, uses extra virgin olive oil instead of corn syrup.
> The history of caramel apples.
> The history of caramel.
> The history of apples.
> The history of chocolate.
> There are more caramel apple and candy apple recipes below.
September 25th is National Apple Day. October is National Apple Month.
RECIPE: CHOCOLATE CARAMEL APPLE POPS
The apples are best on the first day, but you can store them in the fridge overnight.
4 medium apples (Fuji, Gala, Granny Smith)
3 cups (12 ounces) semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 cup caramels, coarsely chopped
Ice pop sticks
Parchment-lined baking sheet
Ingredients For 8 Apple Pops
1. SLICE the apples into 1/2″ slices. You’ll be able to get about two slices per apple. With a knife make a little slit in the bottom of each apple slice and insert the ice pop stick into the slit.
2. MELT the chocolate chips in the microwave or in a double boiler. Keep it warm, and set it aside.
3. MELT the caramels. Add the caramels and 3 tablespoons of water to a heat-proof bowl and melt them either in the microwave or over a double boiler. Set aside.
4. STIR the olive oil into the melted chocolate and mix well. Dip the apple slices in chocolate, coating them on all sides. Place them on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
5. DRIZZLE the melted caramel over the chocolate and sprinkle with the nuts. Refrigerate for about 1 hour. Serve and enjoy.
Bourbon Caramel Apples
Caramel Apples With “Twig” Stems
Caramel Dip For Apples & Pears
Classic Red Candy Apples
Easter Candy Apples
Matcha White Chocolate Granny Smith Apples
Modern Art Chocolate Apples
No Sugar Added Caramel ApplesPopcorn Caramel Apples
Red Candy Apples
Red Hot Candy Apples
Sugar-Free Red Candy Apples
MORE CARAMEL APPLE & CANDY APPLE RECIPES