Want Fries On Your Salad? OK: Top Your Salad With French Fries!
The Idaho Potato Commission develops many delicious potato recipes, incorporating trending food flavors into conventional preparations (harissa, sriracha), as well as new concepts like this one:
French fries as a salad garnish.
“The crisp flavors of a Greek salad harmonize effortlessly with seasoned fries, while a cool, tangy tzatziki sauce extends the Mediterranean theme,” they say.
The fries themselves are more Greek than “French”: They’re seasoned with Greek spices.
For a bit of food fun, here’s the recipe.
1. PREHEAT the oven to 400°F. In a large bowl, toss together all the french fry ingredients. Place the fries on a baking sheet and cook for 40 minutes, flipping once halfway through cooking. Meanwhile…
2. MAKE the salad dressing: Combine all salad dressing ingredients in a bowl.
3. COMBINE the salad ingredients in a large bowl, pour on the dressing and toss. Cover and place in the fridge while fries finish baking.
4. COMBINE the tzatziki sauce ingredients.
 Greek Salad with fries from the Idaho Potato Commission.
 Very creative plating: a vertical Greek Salad from Death Ave | NYC.
5. SERVE the crispy fries on top of the Greek salad, with a drizzle of tzatziki sauce.