If your specialty produce purveyor has imported them from Australia, where they’re now in season, fresh lychees (photo #2) make the best eyeball food: nothing to do but peel and eat them.
RECIPE: BROWNIE EYEBALLS
You can eat these as a snack, or use them as cupcake or ice cream toppers.
Prep time is 45 minutes, chill time is 30 minutes.
Ingredients For 16 Eyeballs
1. PREPARE the brownies according to package directions. Bake just until just done
2. TRIM the crisp edges from the brownie while warm; eat them as you wish. Crumble the remaining warm brownie into a medium mixing bowl.
3. ADD the Craisins to the warm crumbled brownies and combine until a thick dough-like mixture forms. Shape the dough into 1-inch balls, pressing firmly.
4. DIP the balls into the melted chocolate, letting the excess drip off. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until the chocolate is firm.
5. CREATE the eyeballs, first using red gel to make veins, green for center of the eye and black for the pupil.
CHOCOLATE MELTING TIPS
Comments are closed.