Two years ago we published a recipe for orange-tinted Halloween Popcorn Balls, shaped like pumpkins.
We like it even better, because what Halloween celebrant doesn’t look forward to candy corn?
The candy corn theme does double duty between Halloween and Thanksgiving.
QUICK TIP: No time to make popcorn balls? Tao the candy corn and marshmallows with regular popcorn and a drizzle of honey or agave to bind them (or the candy corn will end up at the bottom of the bowl).
Meghan created a sweet-and-salty recipe with salted peanuts. We used the honey roasted peanuts we had on hand, and added a few dashes of salt.
If you don’t want to use nuts at all, substitute an additional 1/2 cup of candy corn, butterscotch baking chips, or Halloween M&Ms (they’re white and made in the shape of candy corn), etc.
Ingredients For 8-10 Popcorn Balls
1. LINE a sheet pan with parchment paper and set aside. Spray a large bowl and a spatula with cooking spray and add the popcorn. Set aside.
2. MELT the butter in a medium size saucepan over medium heat. Once butter begins to melt, add the marshmallows and stir continuously until melted. Then stir in vanilla extract.
3. POUR the melted mixture over the popcorn and gently toss with the spatula. Add the candy corn and peanuts.
4. SPRAY your hands with cooking spray and continue to mix by hand until everything is coated and combined. Add the sprinkles just before you’re almost done mixing.
5. SHAPE the popcorn into balls and set on a parchment-lined sheet pan to cool.
Comments are closed.