For The Glaze
3 ounces semisweet chocolate
1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
Candy corn for garnish
1. PREHEAT the oven to 350°F.
2. CREAM the butter and sugar in a bowl, until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each.
3. COMBINE the flour, baking powder and salt; add alternately with the milk to creamed mixture. Mix well.
4. COMBINE the cocoa, water and vanilla; stir in 2 cups of the cake batter. Pour into a greased and floured 9-inch round baking pan.
5. ADD the orange extract, peel and food coloring to the remaining batter. Pour into two greased and floured 9-inch round baking pans. Bake for 30 minutes or until the cake tests done. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from the pans to wire racks.
6. MAKE the frosting: In a bowl, beat all frosting ingredients until smooth. Place one orange cake layer on a cake plate; spread with 1/2 cup frosting. Top with chocolate layer; spread with 1/2 cup frosting. Top with second orange layer. Frost the sides and top of each.
7. MAKE the glaze: Microwave the chocolate and cream on high 1-1/2 minutes or, stirring once. Stir until smooth; let cool 2 minutes. Slowly pour over cake, letting glaze drizzle down sides. Garnish with candy corn.