Food fun, task for the kids: Make Holiday Wreath Popcorn Treats. This recipe from The Popcorn Board can be made by older children.
RECIPE: CHRISTMAS POPCORN WREATHS
Ingredients For 8 Five-Inch Wreaths
1. SPRAY a large mixing bowl lightly with cooking spray and place the popcorn inside.
2. MELT the butter in a medium saucepan over low heat. Stir in the marshmallows and gelatin dessert powder until the marshmallows are melted and mixture is smooth. Pour over the popcorn and mix well until coated.
Almost too pretty to eat! Photo courtesy The Popcorn Board.
3. SPRAY your hands with cooking spray and press firmly to form the popcorn into 9-inch logs. Then bend the logs to form the wreaths.
4. PLACE the wreaths on wax paper. Press the candy decorations onto the wreaths to decorate. Add a “ribbon” cut from fruit leather.
5. SERVE immediately or wrap individually in cellophane bags for storage and gifting. Add a ribbon tie to the bag as a decorative closure.
6. TIP: Soak the saucepan in hot soap and water before cleaning.
Comments are closed.