THE NIBBLE BLOG: Products, Recipes & Trends In Specialty FoodsAlso visit our main website, TheNibble.com.
One year we made pumpkin pie with a chocolate cookie crust. But here’s an even better filling for that crust, that marries pumpkin and chocolate.
“There’s just something about the combination of pumpkin, spices like cinnamon and nutmeg, and chocolate that make me go a little weak in the knees,” says Annalise Sandberg of CompletelyDelicious.com. “This tart is almost equal parts pumpkin and chocolate and is sure to win over everyone.”
The prep time is 15 minutes, cook time 1 hour. The yield: 8 servings.
If you’d like to bake something with a special twist this Thanksgiving, go for it! Find more recipes at CompletelyDelicious.com and GoBoldWithButter.com.
RECIPE: CHOCOLATE PUMPKIN TART
Ingredients For The Chocolate Cookie Crust
1-1/2 cups chocolate cookie crumbs
2 tablespoons sugar
Pinch of salt
5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
3 large eggs
2/3 cup light or dark brown sugar
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin purée (not pumpkin pie filling)
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 1/2 cups bittersweet or dark chocolate, melted
Optional garnish: whipped cream.
For The Filling
The art of the tart: chocolate swirled into pumpkin. Photo courtesy Completely Delicious | Go Bold With Butter.
Bittersweet chocolate disks from Guittard. The better the chocolate, the tastier the outcome. Photo courtesy King Arthur Flour.
1. PREHEAT the oven to 350°F.
2. MAKE the cookie crust: Combine the cookie crumbs, sugar, salt and butter together in small bowl and mix with fork. Press into a buttered 8-inch tart pan. Bake for 10 minutes. Set crust aside.
3. MAKE the filling: Combine the eggs, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice and salt in bowl of stand mixer fitted with whisk attachment. Add the pumpkin purée and heavy cream and mix until incorporated. Measure 1 cup of the mixture and set aside.
4. MELT the chocolate in a double boiler or the microwave.
5. SET the baked crust on a sheet pan and pour the filling into the crust. Combine the melted chocolate with the reserved filling. Spoon it on top of the on top of the partially filled crust and swirl it into the existing filling.
6. BAKE until the center is set and no longer appears shiny, 40-45 minutes. Let the tart cool to room temperature. Store in fridge until ready to serve.
Comments are closed.
© Copyright 2005-2021 Lifestyle Direct, Inc. All rights reserved. All images are copyrighted to their respective owners.