Summer means potato salad, and you can never have too many good potato salad recipes.
This one, from Tiffany Ludwig of Zabar’s, uses the stores famous smoked salmon to excellent effect.
“With capers, dill and smoked salmon,” says Tiffany, “this simple summer dish transforms brunch or lunch into a spectacular meal.”
Tiffany urges that the key to a great-tasting potato salad is to eat it right away, before refrigerating. Yes, refrigerate any leftovers, but enjoy it first as a fresh dish. You’ll appreciate it even more after you compare the refrigerated version.
Ingredients For 6 Servings
1. BOIL a large pot of well salted water. While the water is boiling, wash and dice the potatoes. You can leave the skins on, since they add color and nutrition.
2. DICE the potatoes into ½ inch cubes, add to the boiling water and cook for about 15 minutes, until the potatoes are fully cooked through and are a little “fluffy” on the outside.
3. DRAIN the potatoes in a colander. Don’t rinse, or you’ll remove the starch coating that lets other ingredients adhere. Cool to room temperature; don’t refrigerate.
4. MIX in the mayonnaise to thoroughly coat the potatoes.
5. ADD the red onion, capers, smoked salmon and dill and stir until evenly mixed. Plate and enjoy.
Comments are closed.