THE NIBBLE BLOG: Products, Recipes & Trends In Specialty Foods
Also visit our main website, TheNibble.com.
For those who like things minty, here’s a fun drink for St. Patrick’s Day: a Peppermint Paddy Martini.
The recipe is from McCormick, which uses its McCormick Pure Peppermint Extract to create the mintiness.
Note that Peppermint Paddy, not Peppermint Patty or Peppermint Pattie, is the right name for this drink.
Peppermint Patty, the Peanuts character, was inspired by a bowl of peppermint candy on Charles Schulz’s desk.
Peppermint Patty first appeared in the Peanuts comic strip on August 22, 1966.
The York Peppermint Pattie, no relation to Peppermint Patty, was introduced in 1940.
And while we’re on the subject, it’s St. Paddy’s Day, not St. Patty’s Day. Here’s why.
It may look like mousse, but it’s a Peppermint Paddy Martini. Photo courtesy McCormick.
RECIPE: PEPPERMINT PADDY MARTINI
Ingredients For 4 Cocktails
8 ounces Irish cream liqueur
2 ounces crème de cacao liqueur
2 ounces vanilla vodka
2 ounces heavy cream
1/4 teaspoon pure peppermint extract
Optional garnish: peppermint whipped cream (recipe below)
Optional rim garnish: coarse sugar*
*Use sanding sugar or a raw brown sugar such as demerara or turbinado (Sugar In The Raw). You can find green sanding sugar, shown in the photo below, in baking supplies stores or online.
Green sanding sugar. Photo courtesy
Dress My Cupcake | Amazon.
1. PREPARE Martini glasses with optional sugar rim. Wet the outside rim of martini glass with peppermint extract. Dip glass in coarse sugar to lightly coat.
2. FILL cocktail shaker 1/3 full with ice. Add first 5 ingredients; shake until well mixed and chilled. Strain into glass.
3. TOP each with a dollop of Peppermint Whipped Cream, if desired.
PEPPERMINT WHIPPED CREAM
Ingredients For About 2 Cups
1 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
1/4 teaspoon pure peppermint extract plus more for rim
1. BEAT cream, confectioners’ sugar and peppermint extract in medium bowl with electric mixer on high speed, until stiff peaks form.
2. POUR in Martini, top with whipped cream and serve.
Please follow and like us:
Comments are closed.
© Copyright 2005-2021 Lifestyle Direct, Inc. All rights reserved. All images are copyrighted to their respective owners.