These popcorn squares from Popcorn.org are a crunchy companion to yesterday’s popcorn ice cream. They’ve got just the right amount of sweetness to satisfy, plus popcorn, a whole grain.
While they’re appropriate munching for the Golden Globes or Academy Awards, they’re also good picnic fare.
RECIPE: POPCORN SQUARES
Ingredients For 12 Squares
Popcorn squares are full of favorites like raisins, chips, M&Ms and peanut butter. Photo courtesy Popcorn.org.
Press candy corn into the top when the pan comes out of the oven, before the squares are cool enough to slice. Candy corn will melt in the oven. M&Ms and chocolate chips do melt in the oven but solidify again as they cool.
1. COMBINE corn syrup, sugar, brown sugar and peanut butter in a large saucepan.
2. BRING to a boil over low heat, stirring constantly; boil 2-3 minutes. Remove saucepan from heat.
3. COMBINE popcorn and raisins in large bowl; pour hot mixture over popcorn and toss carefully with wooden spoons to mix until well-coated.
4. SPRAY a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray; press popcorn mixture into pan and cool completely.
5. CUT into squares and serve.
Comments are closed.