How cool is this witch popcorn ball? The recipe comes from the National Popcorn Board, which has a cornucopia of popcorn recipes.
So, don’t be afraid of the wicked witch: polish her off for dessert.
RECIPE: HALLOWEEN WITCH POPCORN BALLS
Ingredients For 8 Four-Inch Popcorn Balls
Witch part do you eat first? Photo courtesy Popcorn.org.
1. SPREAD a sheet of wax (or parchment) paper over a work surface and place the wafer cookies on it.
2. SPRAY a large mixing bowl with cooking spray and place popcorn inside.
3. MELT butter over low heat in a medium saucepan. Stir in marshmallows and gelatin dessert powder until marshmallows are melted and mixture is smooth. If desired, adjust color with a drop or 2 of food color. Pour over popcorn and mix well until coated.
4. SPRAY hands with cooking spray and press firmly to form into 8 balls. Place balls on 8 of the wafer cookies. Press candy decorations into popcorn balls to form eyes, nose and mouth.
5. PLACE chocolate chips in a small microwave-safe bowl. Cover and heat for 10 seconds. Stir chocolate to aid melting. Repeat as needed until chocolate is melted and smooth. Spoon about 1/2 teaspoon melted chocolate onto the top of each popcorn ball. Press a few licorice strings into chocolate to form “hair.”
6. DIP cone edges into melted chocolate and then into orange sugar sprinkles. Place on remaining wafer cookies to form witches hat. Place hats onto popcorn balls. Allow chocolate to set for about 45 minutes before serving. Serve or seal individually in plastic wrap for storage.
Comments are closed.