Enjoy this Halloween spin on a favorite no-bake cookie: Rice Krispies Treats.
The recipe is from Karo Syrup, which, along with its sister brand Fleischmann’s Yeast, is joining the fight against child hunger. This year Karo and Fleischmann’s have donated $200,000 to Share Our Strength’s No Kid Hungry campaign. Learn how you can help at NoKidHungry.org.
HALLOWEEN RICE KRISPIE TREATS
Prep Time: 20 minutes
1. COOK: Cook corn syrup and sugar together in a large pan over medium heat, stirring to dissolve sugar. Bring mixture to a boil. Remove from heat. Stir in peanut butter; mix well. Add cereal; stir until evenly coated.
2. POUR. Pour mixture into greased 15 x 10-inch pan and pat into place.
3. MELT. Melt chocolate and butterscotch chips together in saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly. Spread over cereal.
4. COOL. Cool at least 45 minutes, or until firm. Cut into bars or fun shapes for Halloween.
5. DECORATE. If desired, pipe frosting to form Halloween shapes or the word BOO!
Crazy Cats (in photo): Cut circles using a 2 to 3-inch biscuit cutter. Attach candies with a dab of melted white chocolate or frosting to make eyes, nose and ears. Pipe on whiskers with frosting.
Creepy Webs: Cut circles as above. Tint frosting orange. Starting at the center, pipe continuous spiral circles to edge. Drag the tip of a wooden pick from the center to the edge of the bar to create a spider web design.
Mummies: Cut circles as above. Drizzle or pipe white frosting back and forth horizontally and finish with two candy eyes.
Tombstones: Cut into bars, cutting off upper corners diagonally. Pipe frosting to make shapes or words on each “tombstone.” TIP: Tombstones will easily stand upright if the bottom of each is coated with frosting.
And save some for us!
Comments are closed.