If your family loves red velvet cupcakes, surprise them with these green velvet cupcakes for St. Patrick’s Day. The recipe, from McCormick.com, is a small switch-up that will create a lasting memory.
A green twist on classic red velvet, these cupcakes take basic cake mix to delicious new heights with the addition of Pure Vanilla Extract, green food color, sour cream and cocoa powder.
This recipe, for 24 cupcakes, uses a cake mix. Feel free to bake your own favorite chocolate cupcakes from scratch.
With the mix, prep time is 20 minutes, cook time is 20 minutes.
EASY GREEN VELVET CUPCAKES
Ingredients For Cake
Red velvet becomes green velvet for St. Patrick’s Day. Photo courtesy McCormick.
Ingredients For Cream Cheese Frosting (White)
Makes 2-1/2 cups. If desired, you can divide the batch in half and color one batch with 1/2 teaspoon green food color.
1. Make Batter. Preheat oven to 350°F. Beat cake mix, sour cream, water, cocoa powder, oil, food color, eggs and vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer on low speed just until moistened, scraping sides of bowl frequently. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes.
2. Fill. Pour batter into 24 paper-lined muffin cups, filling each cup 2/3 full.
3. Bake & Cool. Bake 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Remove from pans; cool completely on wire rack.
4. Make Frosting. In large bowl, beat cream cheese with butter, sour cream and vanilla extract until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in sugar, until smooth. Makes 2-1/2 cups.
5. Frost & Decorate. Frost with cream cheese frosting. Decorate with sprinkles or sanding sugar, if desired.
Comments are closed.