THE NIBBLE BLOG: Products, Recipes & Trends In Specialty FoodsAlso visit our main website, TheNibble.com.
Cocktail and a snack. Photo courtesy In A
||Here’s a creative cocktail garnish idea: a “cocktail kebab.”
Instead of spearing one or two olives or cocktail onions, turn the skewer into a small bite.
For Bloody Marys, Martinis and other savory cocktails, you can use:
- Pear (a.k.a. grape) tomatoes
- Pickle chips, gherkins or sliced spears
- Other pickled vegetables—carrots, cauliflower florets, sliced dilly beans (see our favorite pickled vegetables from Rick’s Picks and Tillen Farms)
- Red or yellow bell pepper squares
- Other favorite veggies: baby corn, pickled jalapeño, pickled okra (try Rick’s Picks fab Smokra, smoky pickled okra), water chestnuts
- Cubes of cheese (or Mozzarella perlini), ham or turkey or a small shrimp
|Look for 4.5-inch wood or bamboo skewers.
Find Bloody Mary recipes and other drinks in our Cocktails Section.
Comments are closed.
© Copyright 2005-2021 Lifestyle Direct, Inc. All rights reserved. All images are copyrighted to their respective owners.