We love these meeses to pieces. Photo
These mini mice cookies are “no eek, no squeek,” say the folks at California Raisins.
MINI MICE COOKIES
Ingredients For 24 Cookies
1. MEASURE flour and salt into a small bowl and whisk together; set aside. In another bowl, use an electric mixer to beat butter on medium-high until creamy, about 2 minutes.
2. ADD sugar, gradually, beating until mixture is pale and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Beat in vanilla and egg, separately. Reduce speed to low, add flour mixture, one-third at a time, beating after each addition until well blended.
3. KNEAD or stir in chopped raisins. Divide dough into 2 equal pieces, shape into flat disks and wrap separately in plastic wrap. Chill for 2 hours.
4. PREHEAT oven to 350°F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
5. SHAPE mice: For each one, shape 1 tablespoon dough into an oval ball and then use a skewer to make nose and eye sockets. Gently press a mini chocolate chip into each eye socket and press an almond slice into dough on either side behind eyes for ears. Arrange on parchment-lined baking sheets, about 2 inches apart.
6. BAKE at 350°F until light golden brown, about 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from baking sheet and cool slightly.
7. ADD tails: Divide each licorice lace into 6 pieces, about 5 inches long. Then, with a skewer, make a hole about 1/2-inch deep into round end of each ball and insert piece of licorice lace for tails. Set aside to cool on rack. Store in airtight container.
Find more of our favorite cookie recipes in THE NIBBLE’s cookie section.