Our Cupcake Surprise is decorated with
Today is National Cupcake Day, so enjoy a cupcake—in fact, make some with a chocolate “surprise.”
1. Make your favorite cupcake recipe (we love Sprinkles cupcake mixes).
2. Fill the cupcake liner halfway with batter.
3. Insert a piece of chocolate from your favorite gourmet chocolate bar (the size should be equivalent to a miniature-sized chocolate bar, about 1″ x 3/4″).
4. Fill the liner 2/3 to 3/4 of the way with remaining batter and bake as instructed. The chocolate bar will melt during the baking process. Cool.
5. Frost the cupcakes. You can add another piece of chocolate to decorate the top.
We love making a chocolate cupcake recipe using a spicy “Aztec” chocolate bar.
Related Food Videos: For more food videos, check out The Nibble's Food Video Collection.