THE NIBBLE BLOG
Products, Recipes & Trends In Specialty Foods
Also visit our main website, TheNibble.com.
Related Food Videos:
Enjoy this yummy hot chocolate recipe, courtesy of top chocolatier Larry Burdick. Per serving:
1. Mix 1.5 cups milk, 2 heaping teaspoons of top quality cocoa powder, 1/4 cup of ground dark chocolate with 60% or higher cacao content (chop and grind a good dark chocolate bar in a spice mill or a food processor) and ground nutmeg and/or cinnamon (fresh-grind using a microplane grater for great flavor).
Read our review of Burdick’s hot chocolate, a NIBBLE Top Pick Of The Week.
Also check out Burdick’s delicious bonbons, another Top Pick.
2. Heat the milk to just below boiling.
3. Whisk in the cocoa powder and ground chocolate.
4. Add nutmeg and cinnamon to taste—we like a lot of each.
5. If you like “Aztec” spice, add some chili powder, too.
Rich and spicy! Photo by Melody Lan | THE NIBBLE.
What’s the difference between cocoa and hot chocolate? Find out at the top of our Hot Chocolate Section.
Take our hot chocolate trivia quiz.
For more food videos, check out The Nibble's Food Video Collection
© Copyright 2005-2016 Lifestyle Direct, Inc. All rights reserved. All images are copyrighted to their respective owners.