How about some pecan potato salad for National Pecan Day, April 14th? Idaho® Potatoes roasted until crispy then tossed with toasted, herbed pecans and a honey mustard pecan dressing.
Pecans add crunch, flavor, and protein, and the three different types of potatoes add visual appeal.
This potato salad is packed with flavor and has just a little cayenne spice.
Check out her website for more delicious recipes.
National Potato Day is August 19th.
> The different types of potatoes.
While the recipe is meant to be served warm, the chilled leftovers are delicious, too.
1. PREHEAT the oven to 350°F. In a medium bowl, toss potatoes with the canola oil, 1 teaspoon salt, and pepper.
2. LAY the potatoes out in a single layer on a baking sheet and roast for 45 minutes, until crispy and browned.
3. LAY the pecans on a separate baking sheet and toast in the oven for 8 to 10 minutes. Keep an eye on them, as they can quickly go from toasted to burnt.
4. TOSS the warm, toasted pecans with butter, brown sugar, cayenne, and rosemary. Set aside.
5. MAKE the dressing. In a food processor or blender, combine all the ingredients and blend until smooth. Set aside.
6. COMBINE the roasted potatoes, herbed pecans, and dressing. Toss to coat evenly with dressing. Serve warm.
Comments are closed.