THE NIBBLE BLOG: Products, Recipes & Trends In Specialty FoodsAlso visit our main website, TheNibble.com.
You can make a Cranberry Martini with cranberry liqueur, or you can use cranberry sauce to make a novelty version of the drink.
We adapted this recipe from Cooking Channel mixologists Alie Ward and Georgia Hardstark.
Why not have a Cranberry Cocktail Challenge at your holiday celebration? Mix up a batch of Cranberry Sauce Cocktails and another of Cranberry Martinis (made with cranberry juice—recipe below) and let the guests choose their favorite.
RECIPE: CRANBERRY SAUCE COCKTAIL
Ingredients Per Drink
2 tablespoons cranberry sauce (without whole berries)
2 ounces vodka (you can use gin or tequila if you prefer)
1/2 ounce fresh lime juice
2 dashes bitters
Garnish: sprig of fresh rosemary
1. COMBINE the cranberry sauce, vodka, lime juice and bitters in a shaker.
Turn leftover cranberry sauce into a cocktail. Photo courtesy Alie Ward | Georgia Hardstark.
2. ADD the ice and shake very vigorously for 45 seconds. Strain into a chilled Martini or coupe glass.
3. GARNISH with a sprig of rosemary.
A classic Cranberry Martini. Photo by Penny Burt | IST.
RECIPE: CRANBERRY MARTINI
At its simplest, the Cranberry Martini, a.k.a. Crantini, is a simple variation of a Cosmopolitan, which combines vodka, cranberry juice, triple sec and lime juice. The simplest Cranberry Martini recipe leaves out the last two ingredients. Whether you like a gin or vodka Martini, there are several ways to approach this cocktail.
Ingredients Per Cocktail
2 ounces vodka or gin
1/2 to 1 ounce vermouth (optional)
1/2 ounce cranberry liqueur or 2 ounces cranberry juice
Fresh, frozen or dried cranberries for garnish
1. POUR the first three ingredients into a cocktail shaker or mixing glass with 2 ice cubes. Shake for 10 seconds and strain into a chilled Martini glass.
2. FLOAT 3 cranberries for garnish.
RECIPE: CRANBERRY LIME MARTINI
This citrusy variation showcases the flavor synergies between lime and gin.
Ingredients Per Cocktail
2 parts gin
2 parts freshly squeezed lime juice
2 parts cranberry juice
Lime wedge or wheel for garnish
1. STIR the ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice.
2. STRAIN into a chilled Martini glass. Garnish with a lime wedge.
Let us know which recipe wins at your house!
Comments are closed.
© Copyright 2005-2019 Lifestyle Direct, Inc. All rights reserved. All images are copyrighted to their respective owners.