Whether your guests want a glass of white wine, sparkling wine or other clear drink, add a bloody effect with crème de cassis (blackcurrant liqueur) or any red fruit liqueur.
For the mocktail set, use raspberry syrup instead of cassis and add it to club soda, ginger ale or lemon-lime soda. If you can’t find raspberry or other red fruit syrup on the shelf (check the pancake syrup area), you can make it:
1. CLEAN and slice berries. Place in a medium saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer and cook for about 20 minutes, skimming off any foam.
A drop of cassis gives drinks a bloody effect. Photo courtesy Smirnoff.
2. REMOVE from heat and strain into a clean pot. DO NOT press down on the berries to release more liquid. Discard the berries.
3. ADD sugar to the berry liquid and return to a boil, stirring frequently to dissolve. Simmer for 5 minutes until the sugar is completely dissolved, continuing to skim off any foam.
4. REMOVE from heat and cool completely. Pour into a glass container, seal and refrigerate. The syrup will keep for several weeks.
RECIPE: VAMPIRE DELIGHT
Ingredients For 1 Drink
1. PLACE first three ingredients in a shaker with ice. Shake.
2. RIM a martini glass with cassis and pour some down the side to get a pool of “blood” at the bottom of the glass. Add cocktail and serve.
Comments are closed.