Calvisius white sturgeon caviar, which is farmed in California, is deliciously creamy, smooth and succulent. The silver-gray roe is medium-large in size and exhibits an intense aroma, firm texture, and slightly nutty flavor.
It’s one of our favorite treats. Tonight we’ve re-creating this elegant yet simple starter course recipe idea from Calvisius Caviar.
VALENTINE SCALLOPS & CAVIAR
Ingredients For 2 Servings
1. SLICE beets into circles and steam until cooked.
2. FINISH quickly in a pan with hot melted butter.
3. SEAR scallops in the same pan.
4. ARRANGE 3 or 4 beet slices in a concentric “rose” design: larger slices on the bottom, smaller slices on top. If using canned beets, which are all the same size, make a “daisy circle.”
5. TOP beets with a scallop. Garnish with caviar. Add the green garnish to the plate and serve.
Comments are closed.