TIP OF THE DAY: Iced Chocolate
|Treat your family and friends to a special summer drink: iced chocolate.
It’s hot chocolate that’s chilled and served on ice. It’s easy to make:
1. Prepare hot chocolate with milk (regular, lowfat or fat-free). Don’t use cream or half and half, which is too heavy for a tall iced drink.
2. Consider flavoring the hot chocolate—with Aztec spices, chai spices, mint or other favorites (steep the spices as you cook the hot chocolate).
3. Chill in the fridge. Consider making iced chocolate ice cubes, so as not to dilute the drink.
4. Optional garnishes: whipped cream with or without shaved chocolate, fresh mint, a strawberry or raspberry.
5. Add an optional scoop of ice cream and serve for dessert!
Three flavors of iced hot chocolate: