Chef Rick Bayless, one of the final four Top Chef Masters.
|If you’ve been watching Top Chef Masters, you may be enjoying it more than regular Top Chef—because you see that America’s great chefs have just as tough a time of it as the unknowns. Or, you may enjoy it less, because these professionals are not vying for fame, just for donations to their favorite charity, so there’s no cattiness and backbiting.
What started with 24 chefs is now down to four finalists: Rick Bayless, chef/owner of Frontera Grill and Topolobampo in Chicago; Michael Chiarello, former Tra Vigne chef, popular TV host and owner of NapaStyle, Chiarello Family Vineyards, and his new Bottega Napa Valley restaurant in Yountville, California; Hubert Keller, chef/owner of Fleur de Lys in San Francisco and Las Vegas; and Anita Lo, chef/owner of Annisa in New York City.
|While you can vote for the home team, your favorite cuisine (French, Californian, Mexican or Asian fusion), the Mexican beer Bohemia <http://www.ccm.com.mx/>has gotten behind Chef Rick, with a Root4rick.com website. They’ve put together a list of 25 things that most people don’t know about Rick. Here are five; you can see the rest of everything you’ve always wanted to know about Rick Bayless on the website.
1. Do you have any food allergies? No, but tomato juice makes me gag.
2. What did you buy with your first pay check? A sports car and a pet monkey.
3. What is your favorite scent? Wood burning fire.
4. What is your favorite ride at Disneyland? The funnel cake stand.
5. Guilty pleasure? Doughnuts and gossip girl xoxo. (Dude! There’s nothing to be guilty about. We have our own Chuck Bass crush going on—and please make our dougnuts beignets.)
Comments are closed.