Glossary Of The Different Charcuterie, Pâté & Saucisson Types
Page 3: Types Of French Sausage
This is Page 3 of an 3-page article. Click on the red links below to visit other pages. This glossary is protected by copyright and cannot be reproduced in whole or part. You are welcome to link to it.
Pâté served with toast points, sliced mango, strawberry, French sea salt and a drizzle of purple fig sauce. Photo by Kelly Cline | IST.
An Education in French Sausage: Types Of Sausages
Androuillettes, boudins, saucisse: the entire classic canon (or enough to meet anyone’s immediate needs) is available from Marcel et Henri. Many are fully-cooked, ready to heat-and-eat.
- Andouillettes are pork chitterling sausages (these are French-style, not spicier Cajun-style)
- Boudin Blanc is white sausage of pork, turkey breast, brandy and cream (fully cooked).
- Boudin Noir is a Pyrénées-style pork-based blood sausage (fully cooked).
- Saucisson à l’Ail is garlic salami.
- Saucisse aux Fruits de Mer is a fully-cooked sausage stuffed with scallops, shrimp and pacific red snapper, flavored with vermouth.
- Saucisse Basquaise is spicy, slightly hot Basque-style pork sausage.
- Saucisse Béarnaise is lightly garlicky, peppery pork sausage.
Beautiful French sausages, for every taste and purpose.
- Saucisse de Canard is duck sausage with green peppercorns.
- Saucisse Merguez d’Agneau is spicy North African-style lamb sausage.
- Saucisse Merguez d’Agneau et Boeuf is spicy North African-style lamb and
- Saucisse Merguez de Boeuf is spicy North African-style beef sausage.
- Saucisse de Toulouse is Toulouse-style pork sausage with white wine.
- Saucisson à l’Ail aux Pistaches is fully cooked garlic salami with pistachios.
Too many choices? Remember that each retailer may only carry a dozen or fewer items, but each will carry a different selection. Whenever you see a pâté or sausage by Marcel et Henri, you can bet that it’s worth trying! Don’t wait for a special occasion: bring some home and create one.
| MARCEL et HENRI
Authentic French Pâtés and Sausages
Available at fine retailers. For a store near you, telephone Marcel et Henri.
In California: 1.800.542.4230
Outside California: 1.700.227.5426
For more information visit MarceletHenri.com.
*Prices and product availability are verified at publication but are subject to change. Shipping is additional. These items are offered by a third party and THE NIBBLE has no relationship with them. Purchase information is provided as a reader convenience.
Go To The Article Index Above
© Copyright 2005-2020 Lifestyle Direct, Inc. All rights reserved. All images are copyrighted to their respective owners.