Don’t throw away your watermelon rinds.
The slaw has a yogurt dressing while the coleslaw has an oil and rice vinegar vinaigrette with watermelon chunks.
Ingredients For 4 One-Cup Servings
Ingredients For The Dressing
1. BLEND the dressing thoroughly in a small bowl. Set aside.
2. PLACE the watermelon rind on several layers of paper towels to soak up the excess juice.
3. PLACE the dressing, rind, carrot, and pineapple in a medium-sized bowl, and toss to thoroughly coat.
4. CHILL for at least 1 hour to allow the flavors to meld.
Watermelon rind replaces cabbage in this tasty slaw. We even added some watermelon chunks to our Watermelon Rind Coleslaw, for a pop of color and juicy sweetness! Created by Mr. Food Test Kitchen.
Ingredients For 10 Servings
1. CUT the watermelon from rind from the flesh and remove the green peel. Discard the peel.
2. CUT the red flesh into 1/2-inch chunks. Place 1-1/2 cups in a bowl and set aside the remaining flesh.
3. SHRED the white rind a food processor with a shredding attachment, or a box grater. Place it in a large bowl (you should have about 6 cups).
4. WHISK together in a small bowl the oil, vinegar, sugar and salt. Pour the oil mixture over the rind and toss until evenly coated. Stir in watermelon chunks from the bowl.
5. CHILL at least 1 hour before serving.
Comments are closed.