RECIPE: Smuckers Snack'n Waffles Peanut Butter & Jelly Ice Cream Sandwich | THE NIBBLE Blog - Adventures In The World Of Fine FoodRECIPE: Smuckers Snack’n Waffles Peanut Butter & Jelly Ice Cream Sandwich – THE NIBBLE Blog – Adventures In The World Of Fine Food
Here’s what we had for dessert following our lunch of Chicken And Waffles: PB&J Ice Cream Sandwiches.
PEANUT BUTTER & JELLY ICE CREAM SANDWICHES
1 box Smucker’s Snack’n Waffles cut into triangles and split in half to make sandwiches
Strawberry ice cream
1/2 pint fresh strawberries
2 teaspoons honey
Juice of 1/2 lemon
1/2 jalapeño, seeds removed, finely diced
1/2 cup your favorite peanut butter, slightly diluted with 3 to 4 tablespoons of milk
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Wash and dice the strawberries, then taste them. If strawberries are too tart, use all the honey. Otherwise, only use 1 teaspoon of the honey.
2. Combine strawberries, honey, jalapeño, 2 teaspoons of lemon juice and a pinch of salt and black pepper. Let macerate for at least 45 minutes.
3. For the peanut butter, simply mix 3 tablespoons of milk into the peanut butter. Depending on how thick the peanut butter is to begin with, you may need more. You are looking for a consistency that is easily spreadable, similar to softened butter.
4. You may skip the softening of the peanut butter step, but we found that if the peanut butter is too stiff, it will rip the tender waffle during spreading.
5. When all the ingredients are ready, you must work relatively quickly because the ice cream will melt on the hot waffles.
6. Toast the waffles.
7. Spread the peanut butter on the inside of the waffle and place a scoop of strawberry ice cream over that. Complete the sandwich with a top piece of waffle and lay on a plate.
8. Drizzle the fresh strawberries over the sandwich.