1 pound chocolate, chopped
3 Butterfinger candy bars (or 8 fun-size bars), cut into 1-inch pieces
3 Heath candy bars (or 6 fun-size bars), cut into ¾-inch pieces
8 Reese’s peanut butter cups, each cut into 8 wedges
¼ cup honey roasted peanuts
3 ounces white chocolate, chopped
½ cup M&Ms, Peanut M&Ms, Reese’s Pieces or a mix
1. LINE a 12 x 12-inch* baking pan or a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
2. PLACE the chopped chocolate in a medium bowl and microwave at 50% power in 30-second increments, stirring after each, until it is completely melted and smooth.
3. POUR the chocolate onto the prepared baking sheet and, using an offset spatula, spread it into a thin layer (¼-inch thick yields about a 12×10-inch rectangle*).
4. SPRINKLE the melted chocolate with the chopped Butterfingers, Heath bars, peanut butter cups and honey roasted peanuts, making sure all pieces touch the melted chocolate so they adhere. Lightly press down on them as an extra effort to make sure the candy adheres to the chocolate. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
5. MELT the white chocolate using the same method as the bittersweet chocolate in Step 2, until completely smooth. Using a spoon, drizzle the white chocolate over the chilled bark in a zigzag pattern.
6. SCATTER the M&Ms and/or Reese’s Pieces over the white chocolate drizzle, and again press to make sure the candy adheres to the melted white chocolate. Chill again until the white chocolate is set, about 30 minutes.
TOP PHOTO: Add cookies to your Halloween Bark. Photo courtesy Taste Of Home. Here’s the recipe. BOTTOM PHOTO: Peanut-oriented bark (recipe above). Photo courtesy BrownEyed Baker via Bon Appetit.