Grilled potato salad with bacon, blue cheese and bacon dressing. Phoro courtesy LongHorn Steakhouse.
Our crowd really enjoyed this potato salad with grilled fare on Father’s Day. It was created for grilling season by LongHorn Steakhouse’s executive chefs.
RECIPE: GRILLED POTATO SALAD WITH BACON
Ingredients For 4 Servings
For The Garnish
1. CLEAN and oil the grill grates, and heat to 500°F.
2. ADD the potatoes to a large pot of salted water and bring to a boil. Turn down the flame and continue to boil for 12-15 minutes, or until cooked through. Drain the potatoes and allow the water to fully evaporate from the skin. Once the potatoes are cool enough to handle, slice them in half-inch pieces.
3. DRIZZLE both sides of the potatoes with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper.
4. PLACE the potatoes on the preheated grill to get the desired grill marks on both sides of the potatoes. Remove from the grill and place on a serving platter, with the slices overlapping shingle-style.
5. COOK the bacon strips until crisp. Remove from the pan and drain on paper towels; save the bacon fat.
6. COMBINE all the dressing ingredients in a large mason jar or other container with a tight-fitting lid. Shake until well combined. Pour the dressing over the potatoes and garnish with chopped bacon, blue cheese crumbles and sliced green onion.
Comments are closed.