Pumpkin spice cream cheese brownies. Photo courtesy Woodbridge by Robert Mondavi.
These seasonal brownies combine elements of pumpkin pie and chocolate cream cheese brownies. The recipe is courtesy of Woodbridge by Robert Mondavi, where the team enjoys them with a class of Woodbridge Cabernet Sauvignon.
RECIPE: PUMPKIN SPICE BROWNIES
1. PREHEAT oven to 350°F. Butter an 8″x 8″ baking dish.
2. WHISK together in a bowl the flour, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, stir together butter, brown sugar and vanilla extract. Mix in eggs one at a time. Gradually add flour mixture; stir to combine evenly. Divide batter into two bowls.
3. BLEND the cocoa powder and chocolate chips into the first bowl. In second bowl, stir in pumpkin purée, granulated sugar, cream cheese, nuts, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg.
4. SPREAD half of the chocolate batter into the bottom of the baking dish. Follow with half of pumpkin batter. Repeat layers, ending with a pumpkin layer. Gently pull a long kitchen knife or skewer through the layers in a wavy motion to create a marbled pattern.
5. BAKE until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 40 to 45 minutes. Cool brownies in pan on a wire rack.
Related Food Videos: For more food videos, check out The Nibble's Food Video Collection.