EASY FISH RECIPE WITH LEMON & PESTO
Ingredients For 4 Servings
4 six-ounce halibut portions
5 garlic cloves
4 ounces fresh basil
3 ounces pistachio nuts
1-1/2 cups Italian parsley, chopped
Salt and pepper
Extra virgin olive oil
Optional garnish: lemon wheel
1. CLEAN, cut and portion fish, for beginners I definitely recommend a halibut fillet not a whole halibut and skin off is better for this dish
2. RUB oil on the halibut, season with salt and pepper and placce in a baking dish that’s been wiped with oil. Depending on your oven (everyone’s varies!) and the thickness of the fish, bake at 375°F for 15 minutes. Always check the doneness: A cooked fish shouldn’t be translucent; the flesh should be firm and beginning to flake when touched with a fork. While the fish is cooking…
3. MAKE the pesto. Zest the lemons and combine with garlic, basil, parsley, pistachios salt and pepper in a food processor. Pulse until minced. With the motor running, slowly stream in olive oil until the sauce forms.
4. SERVE by placing pesto atop the cooked fish. Garnish with a lemon wheel. If you feel more ambitious, consider Chef Scott’s preferred garnish: “I personally like to fry a leaf of basil, until it becomes like a clear green chip.”
5. SERVE with a starch—orzo, a bed of pasta, potatoes, rice—and greens.
FIND MORE OF OUR FAVORITE FISH RECIPES.