2. SLICE tofu crosswise into 4 slabs. Line a plate with several layers of paper towels, arrange tofu in a single layer on the plate, cover with more paper towels and then top with a second plate weighed down by a heavy pot. Set aside for about 15 minutes to dry out, then slice tofu slabs into 1/2” sticks.
3. BEAT together eggs, salt, pepper and lime zest in shallow dish.
4. MIX panko and coconut in a second shallow dish.
5. DIP tofu in egg mixture, turning to coat; then toss in breading mixture pressing gently to help coating adhere.
6. ARRANGE in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until crisp and golden, flipping the fries after 15 minutes.While the fries bake…
7. MAKE the sauce by melting the apricot jam with the lime juice, sriracha and salt in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Transfer to a bowl.
8. SERVE the fries hot, with the warm sauce for dipping.