Punch is a festive and easy way to serve a
If you’re expecting a large crowd on Cinco de Mayo, a bowl of punch can make your life easier. It holds a large amount and guests serve themselves, sparing you from the mixologist job. And, guests love a good punch.
Here are two punch recipes, including a frozen Margarita punch. Separately, here are 10 punch making tips.
The first punch recipe is courtesy El Jimador tequila. It combines tequila with bubbly—in this case, Prosecco.
PUNCH #1: CINCO PUNCH
*You can pick up a plastic punch bowl at a party store for around $10.00. Or, you can use a large pitcher.
1. MAKE ICE. The best ice for punch bowls is lump or block ice. It melts slowly, keeps the punch much colder for longer and reduces the dilution. Make it by filling a balloon with water; tie off the balloon and place it in a bowl in the freezer the night before.
2. PLACE BOWL. Place the punch bowl on the table you intend to serve from. A full punch bowl is very heavy to move (not to mention, it sloshes).
3. ADD ICE. Place ice carefully into the punch bowl.
4. ADD LIQUIDS. Next, add all the liquid ingredients. Stir gently but thoroughly.
5. GARNISH. Garnish with raspberries, pomegranate seeds, lime discs and pink grapefruit discs.
HONEY SYRUP INGREDIENTS
Like simple syrup, honey syrup is made in a 1:1 proportion of sugar/honey to water. There are about 3 cups in 750 ml.
1. In a small saucepan, heat honey over low-medium heat.
2. Add water bit by bit, whisking until fully incorporated.
3. Cool, then refrigerate until ready to use. Bring to room temperature before adding to punch.
PUNCH #2: FROZEN MARGARITA PUNCH RECIPE
Turn the staple frozen Margarita into a punch with this recipe.
1. MIX. Combine the limeade, water, orange liqueur and tequila. Freeze at least 8 hours, stirring twice during the freezing process.
2. THAW. Remove from freezer 30 minutes before serving.
3. ASSEMBLE. Break into chunks in punch bowl. Add soda and stir until slushy.
3. GARNISH. Garnish with lime and orange slices and berries.
Related Food Videos: For more food videos, check out The Nibble's Food Video Collection.