Betty Crocker Kitchen has announced the winner in its second annual Betty Bracket, a showdown of 16 sweet and savory beer party food recipes competing to be served at the game.
America has spoken: Beer Battered Grilled Cheese Sandwich was the winner. You can enjoy it during the national championship game, tomorrow.
This recipe makes two sandwiches. The beer of choice is pale ale, but you can substitute what you have on hand.
BEER BATTERED GRILLED CHEESE & BACON SANDWICH RECIPE
True comfort food. Photo courtesy Betty Crocker.
1. COOK bacon in a 12-inch nonstick skillet until crisp; drain on paper towel.
2. PLACE 1 slice provolone cheese, 3 slices bacon and 1 slice Cheddar cheese atop each of two of the bread slices. Top with remaining bread slices.
3. HEAT griddle or skillet over medium-high heat, or to 375°F.
4. BEAT egg, beer, flour and chile powder in a shallow bowl with fork, until smooth. Dip each sandwich into the batter, giving it a few seconds on each side to absorb the batter. Drain excess batter back into bowl.
5. MELT butter on hot griddle. Place sandwiches on griddle. Cook 3 to 4 minutes on each side until golden brown. Serve immediately.
More grilled cheese recipes.
Comments are closed.