Pork fajitas with homemade apple salsa.
Peach salsa is one of the best-selling salsa flavors. But if you like to make your own salsa, summer peach season is a ways off. Mangoes are a delicious replacement; but how about apple salsa?
Crisp apples provide some crunch in the salsa, and apple salsa is delicious with pork dishes and chicken dishes. Try this recipe, courtesy of the U.S. Apple Association.
We also added julienned apple slices into the green salad we served on the side.
PORK FAJITAS WITH APPLE-CILANTRO SALSA
Yield: 4 servings, 2 fajitas each.
Prep & Cook Time: 2 hours 15 minutes (includes chilling and marinating time).
Apple Salsa Ingredients
Makes 2-1/2 cups.
Combine in a small bowl and mix well:
1. Combine. Place all salsa ingredients in bowl and mix well. Cover and refrigerate several hours to meld flavors.
2. Marinate. Place pork in large sealable plastic bag and pour in marinade. Cover and refrigerate for 1-1/2 hours or more, turning occasionally.
3. Preheat grill. Drain marinated pork, saving excess marinade. Place pork on grill and brush with leftover marinade. Grill over hot coals, turning frequently, for 8-10 minutes, until internal thermometer reads 155-160°F. Remove from heat and place on clean plate.
4. Warm. Wrap tortillas tightly in foil and heat on upper grill rack for 10 minutes.
5. Assemble. Cut pork diagonally across grain into thin slices. Arrange one-eighth of pork slices and 2 or 3 tablespoons salsa in center of tortilla. Fold bottom half of tortilla over filling and overlap sides on top. Arrange on serving plate. Garnish as desired.
Serve with a side of brown rice and beans.
Comments are closed.