THE NIBBLE BLOG
Products, Recipes & Trends In Specialty Foods
Also visit our main website, TheNibble.com.
Related Food Videos:
You can make a universal sauce or dip in 10 minutes, from plain yogurt.
Serve it with grilled fish, meat, poultry or fish—even use to top a burger. Or sweeten it and use it as a fruit dip. You can also mix it with boiled potatoes, macaroni or shredded cabbage for a fat-free potato salad, macaroni salad or cole slaw.
1 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt (you can substitute other plain yogurt, but Greek style is the thickest and creamiest)
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
1 tablespoon fresh ginger, basil, chives or other favorite herb, minced
GARLIC LIME YOGURT SAUCE RECIPE
Makes 4 servings for a main course or a small bowl of dip. Use your creativity to mix and match the seasonings.
Yogurt sauce is a creamy accent for grilled
meats. Recipe and photo courtesy WisDairy.com.
1. In small bowl, mix yogurt, garlic, lime juice and ginger/other seasoning.
2. Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes or up to 2 days.
3. Drizzle over your favorite grilled meats and vegetables, or serve with crudités.
Yogurt Dip For Fruit
1. Replace the garlic with one teaspoon agave, honey or sweetener of choice. (Only lightly sweeten the dip: You want to appreciate the sweetness of the fruit, not overwhelm it.)
2. Replace herb with grated lime zest or other citrus zest (lemon, grapefruit).
More Yogurt Dip Recipes: See our Gourmet Yogurt Section.
Yogurt As A Meat Tenderizer
Yogurt is a great marinade for meat. In addition to imparting flavor, it has excellent tenderizing properties. Add garlic, herbs, macerated onion and any other favorite seasonings to the yogurt marinade.
For more food videos, check out The Nibble's Food Video Collection
© Copyright 2005-2016 Lifestyle Direct, Inc. All rights reserved. All images are copyrighted to their respective owners.