THE NIBBLE BLOG
Products, Recipes & Trends In Specialty Foods
Also visit our main website, TheNibble.com.
Related Food Videos:
Last fall, we tasted the five finalist recipes (out of 1,000 entries) in Chex Party Mix’s annual competition for the best 15-minute microwaved recipe. The 2010 winner has just been announced.
Our favorite of the five, Chex PB and Chocolate Blast, did not grab the gold. But here’s the recipe, made with Reese’s Pieces and white chocolate.
Karen Fisher’s winning Chex Cajun Kick snack mix recipe includes Creole seasoning and hot sauce.
(Future contestants please note: The 2009 winner was Buffalo Chex Mix with hot sauce. The recipe voters seem to like heat.)
You’ve got 15 minutes: Make some Chex mix. It can be made up to 2 weeks in advance.
CHEX CAJUN KICK RECIPE
2 cups Corn Chex cereal
2 cups Rice Chex cereal
2 cups Wheat Chex cereal
2 cups bite-size pretzel twists
2 cups mixed nuts
1/3 cup butter
2 tablespoons Creole seasoning
1 teaspoon hot sauce (like Tabasco)
The winning Chex mix recipe adds spice
to football night or movie night. Photo
1. In large microwavable bowl, mix cereals, pretzels and nuts.
2. In 2-cup microwavable measuring cup, microwave butter uncovered on High, about 40 seconds or until melted.
3. Stir in Creole seasoning and hot sauce. Pour over cereal mixture; stir until evenly coated.
4. Microwave uncovered on High 6 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes.
5. Spread on waxed paper or foil to cool. Store in airtight container.
You can start mixing now: It’s nine days to Super Bowl Sunday.
For more food videos, check out The Nibble's Food Video Collection
© Copyright 2005-2016 Lifestyle Direct, Inc. All rights reserved. All images are copyrighted to their respective owners.