It’s easy to make from scratch. Photo
|Whether you’re planning a duck, goose, ham or turkey for Christmas, make your own delicious cranberry sauce as a side. It’s easy, and tastes so much better than store-bought.
CRANBERRY SAUCE RECIPE
1. Wash cranberries under cold water and place in a sauce pan with brown sugar, cinnamon stick, half the orange juice, salt, jalapeño and bourbon.
2. Bring mixture to boil on high heat, then maintain a simmer on low heat. The cranberries should pop and break down.
3. When the orange juice has reduced by half (about 5 minutes), add the second half of the orange juice. If the orange juice reduces too quickly before the cranberries fully break down, you can simply add water, about 2 tablespoons at a time, until the cranberries pop and resemble jam.
4. Strain the mixture through a strainer, to separate the skins and stems. Push the mixture through with the back of a spoon.
5. Place back in pan, stir and taste. If the sauce is still acidic, add honey 1 tablespoon at a time. You may not need all the honey.
6. Add a few drops of lemon juice to brighten up the cranberry sauce.
7. It’s ready to serve!