THE NIBBLE BLOG: Products, Recipes & Trends In Specialty FoodsAlso visit our main website, TheNibble.com.
Add blueberries to your cranberry relish.
Recipe and photo courtesy Chilean Fresh
||It isn’t blueberry season—at least not in the U.S. But fresh blueberries from Chile are available. Not at low summer prices, mind you. But those who love their blueberries year-round need not go without.
One reason to buy fresh blueberries now is to make this easy and delicious Blueberry Cranberry Relish, delicious with Christmas turkey and ham.
FRESH BLUEBERRY & CRANBERRY RELISH RECIPE
This recipe is best made a day or two in advance to let flavors blend. It makes 12 quarter-cup servings.
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 8 ounces fresh cranberries
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon real vanilla extract
1. COMBINE all ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
2. COOK until the sugar dissolves and the berries soften, for about 15 minutes. Remove from heat, cover and chill.
Nutrients per serving: calories 76, fat 0, cholesterol 0, sodium 0, dietary fiber 0, protein 0.
- Appetizer: A delicious condiment with Brie and other soft, creamy cheeses
- Lunch: With turkey or ham sandwiches or grilled cheese; on a toasted cream cheese or fresh goat cheese sandwich
- Dinner: A side with holiday turkey or ham; or everyday lamb, pork and poultry dishes
- Dessert: A topping for vanilla ice cream, sorbet or frozen yogurt
- Gift: Spoon into pretty glass jelly jars, tie a ribbon around the jar and give them as homemade gifts or party favors
Also see our recipe for Cranberry Relish With Port.
While you’re at it, make a Frozen Cranberry Margarita, Cranberry Mojito or Crantini (cranberry martini).
Comments are closed.
© Copyright 2005-2017 Lifestyle Direct, Inc. All rights reserved. All images are copyrighted to their respective owners.