THE NIBBLE BLOG: Products, Recipes & Trends In Specialty FoodsAlso visit our main website, TheNibble.com.
|Can’t decide between pizza and lasagne?
World Champion Pizza Maker Theo Kalogeracos has solved the problem: he invented the pisagne (pee-ZAH-nyeh).
The concept is really quite simple: Top a pizza crust with lasagne ingredients. Here’s our approach to the recipe:
- Cover a pizza crust with bolognese sauce (meat sauce).
- Sprinkle with shredded mozzarella.
- Sprinkle on a layer of seasoned ricotta cheese. (We like to add 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg and 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh basil per cup of ricotta).
- Judge how many lasagne noodles you’ll need based on the size of your pie. Cook noodles to al dente. You can either trim them to fit on the crust, or cut them into 2″ pieces.
- Top with more bolognese sauce.
- Bake in a preheated 500°F oven until crust is browned and cheese is melted.
- Garnish with shaved Parmesan cheese and a chiffonade of fresh basil. Cut and serve.
The pisagne, a lasagne pizza. Photo courtesy
|Theo’s Little Caesar’s Pizzeria restaurants are only in Australia at the moment. His award-winning pizza cookbook sold out quickly, and is now only available at a huge premium.
But there’s good news:
Coming to America soon are a new edition of the cookbook, Theo + Co ~ The Search for the Perfect Pizza, and Theo’s countertop pizza oven, The Pizza Perfector (similar in size to a George Foreman Grill).
Stay tuned! And find more pizza recipes in our Pasta & Pizza Section.
Comments are closed.
© Copyright 2005-2016 Lifestyle Direct, Inc. All rights reserved. All images are copyrighted to their respective owners.