Our favorite 2010 Chex Party Mix combines
Each year Chex cereal holds a Party Mix recipe contest. Five finalists are chosen from 1,000 or more entries, and are posted on ChexRecipeContest.com so that Chex Party Mix lovers can try them and vote for a winner.
Your participation in voting will help the hungry as well. The 2010 contest kicked off with a $25,000 donation to Feeding America. For every online vote, Chex will make an additional $2.00 donation, up to an additional $25,000.
Our favorite of the five finalists was developed by Eliza E. of Manchester, New Hampshire. Thanks, Eliza!
The crunchy peanut butter and white chocolate mix disappeared in the blink of an eye. We had to make more to enjoy on top of ice cream!
The yellow and red Reese’s Pieces we used make a great Halloween snack as well (you can add 1/4 to 1/2 cup of candy corn).
CHEX PB & CHOCOLATE BLAST
1. LINE two cookie sheets with foil or waxed paper. Place 3 cups Rice Chex in a large bowl.
2. MELT white vanilla baking chips uncovered in a small microwavable bowl on High about 1 minute or until chips can be stirred smooth. Pour melted chips over cereal in bowl; stir to evenly coat.
3. SPREAD mixture in single layer on one of the cookie sheets. Refrigerate 5 minutes or until set.
4. REPEAT the above using the remaining cereal and the peanut butter chips; refrigerate 5 minutes or until set.
5. GENTLY BREAK up coated cereal into large bowl. Add peanut butter candies and peanuts; stir gently to combine. Store in an airtight container.
Makes 22 half-cup servings. You can vary the recipe using different flavored chips and/or candy-coated pieces.
The other finalist recipes include Backyard BBQ Chex Mix, Chex Cajun Kick, Chex Honey Nut Cherry Crunch and Chocolate Coffee Toffee Chex Mix.
Related Food Videos: For more food videos, check out The Nibble's Food Video Collection.