THE NIBBLE BLOG: Products, Recipes & Trends In Specialty FoodsAlso visit our main website, TheNibble.com.
Related Food Videos:
Bring the flavor of fall to breakfast with
pumpkin pancakes. Photo courtesy IHOP.
||Throughout October, IHOP is serving pumpkin pancakes. Although the company won’t divulge its secret recipe, they have shared their tips for making perfect pumpkin pancakes.
- Canned Pumpkin: Start with your favorite pancake batter recipe and simply add canned pumpkin pie mix (seasoned pumpkin purée).
- Water Temperature: When preparing dry pancake mix, it is essential that the water is chilled to less than 50°F. Use ice water from the fridge, or use ice cubes to bring down the temperature of tap water.
- Keep The Lumps. Lumps are good—small lumps of flour are what make pancakes tall and fluffy. Don’t over mix the pancake batter.
- Grill Temperature: Use a 350°F grill. Make sure that there are no hot or cold spots that can lead to uneven cooking.
- Cooking Time: Judge when a pancake is ready by its appearance. It should be golden with a light browning at the edges.
|As a Halloween special, IHOP will offer free Scary Face Pancakes to trick-or-treaters aged 12 and under, on Friday, October 29th from 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
Find an IHOP restaurant near you at IHOP.com.
See our review of the best wholegrain pancake mixes, and get more pancake tips.
For more food videos, check out The Nibble's Food Video Collection
© Copyright 2005-2016 Lifestyle Direct, Inc. All rights reserved. All images are copyrighted to their respective owners.